Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Joy Filled Life Today's Scripture

A Joy Filled Life Today's Scripture

"I have come that you may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance to the full, till it overflows." (John 10:10) God wants you to have joy in your life - an abundance of joy! Real joy is knowing you are right where God wants you to be, sometimes regardless of your circumstances. Joy comes from seeing yourself the way God sees you - full of potential, with a divine destiny. You can begin today to experience a life filled with joy if you'll take a few simple steps. First, to really enjoy life slow down and appreciate the journey! One of Satan's tricks is to get us so focused on the future that we can't enjoy the present. Second, lighten up. Learn to laugh. It's a wonderful gift from God to help us more fully enjoy life. Third, be positive. The Bible says in Isaiah 61:3 to put on "a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." You can choose to praise even in life's difficult situations. Reach for the joy God has waiting for you! A Prayer for Today God, I know that You want me to enjoy the abundant life You have provided for me through Jesus. Help me to slow down and enjoy the journey, and not get caught in the fast pace of life. I want to enjoy the stage of life I'm in, even if things aren't going well. Today, with Your help I will put on the garment of praise and look for the good in life. Thank You for putting Your supernatural joy inside of me. In Jesus' Name – Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment